Sunscreen Salad Recipe
Sunscreen Sweet Potato Salad This summer salad is packed full of beta-carotene, lutein and lycopene. Enjoy as a healthy meal and support your skin at the same time! Dressing:
- 1/4cupeach olive oil and red-wine vinegar
- 2tablespoonsDijon mustard
- 2teaspoons hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3/4cupthinly sliced red onion
- 10ounces babyspinach, stems removed
- Bake sweet potatoes in an oven at Heat oven to 400° F. Pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Make a slit in the top of each sweet potato.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a large serving bowl. Stir in tomatoes, onion. Serve or cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Just before serving:Add spinach; toss to mix.