5 Benefits of Detoxing Your Body in the New Year
2017 is finally here. And like many this time of year, you may be looking ahead and setting goals to live a healthier lifestyle. But with a growing exposure to pollution, processed foods, and toxins, your liver can get overburdened, making it difficult to get your health back on track. Thankfully, a great way to support your liver and take better care of yourself is to support your body’s detoxification processes. So, if your New Year’s plans include losing excess weight, boosting your energy, or getting fit, here are five ways a detox will help you see your resolution through.
- Boosts Your Energy Feeling a little sluggish after all of those holiday meals? A poor diet, including foods rich in sugar, trans fat, and artificial ingredients can make you feel lethargic and even irritable. Replacing these things with healthy and natural foods will provide your body with the vital nutrients it needs to restore energy and get you through the day. If you’re looking to kick start your energy levels this year, a good detox program can help make all the difference.
- Eliminates Excess Waste One of the biggest benefits that comes from detoxing is assisting the body to get rid of waste and impurities. Though our bodies eliminate toxins regularly, excess intake can overwhelm and cause them to be stored in tissue. Over time, the body can accumulate and store toxins that can lead to wide range of uncomfortable and negative effects, including fatigue, muscle aches, skin issues, and digestive problems. A New Year’s detox will help your liver, kidneys, and colon do their jobs, freeing your body of harmful pollutants.
- Helps You Lose Weight Did you pack on a few extra pounds over the holidays? Cookies, candies, and eggnog—overdoing it on festive goodies can add up to a ton of excess calories and weight gain. Toxins are stored in body fat, so by eating healthy again and detoxifying your body, it’s easier to lose weight. Then, the new healthier food choices you make in 2017 will help you maintain that weight loss and improve your overall wellbeing for many more years to come.
- Improves Skin The skin is your largest organ, helping to protect you from the external while allowing impurities to be sweated out. If you are experiencing toxic overload, however, it will show via a poor complexion and even the appearance of premature aging. Looking for a fresh and radiant appearance? A detox may be just the ticket to help your skin look and feel better.
- Increases Immune Function Detoxification will also do wonders for your immune system. A detoxing cleanse can give your immune system the support it needs to combat infections and reduce allergic reactions, instead of focusing on fighting off toxins.